Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sezesthone (------)     27 May 2011

Whom to submit original copy of WILL

Hi,

I have seen in many hindi movies and tv serials that if a person dies, then lawyer visit to his house and read the WILL before his family members. I don't get this. Do that person submit the WILL to that lawyer and instruct him that if I die visit my house and read the WILL?

If I have to make the WILL whom do I submit the original copy of the WILL. Should I give it to any lawyer or any of my family member. If I give to my lawyer how do he get the news of my death? Do I have to inform my family that if something happens to me contact the lawyer to come and read the WILL.?

Learning

4 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     27 May 2011

Can be submitted to any body, friend, relative, family members ect. It is best to register it before submitting.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 May 2011

You can give it to the custody of the will to your advocate.  Regd., and unregd., will both can be challenged.  If anything happened to your advocate then question arises about the will, so it is better to register  the will.  AFter the death of testetor will comes in to existence and if you want you can obtain the certified copy of the regd., will.

Nirupom Dutta (advocate)     27 May 2011

agree with mr Rajeev registration of will is optional. both regd or unregd can be challenged. but regd will is a batter peace of evidence about the matter.

prabhakar singh (advocate)     27 May 2011

You after attesting the will can deposit it with district registrar or any person of your choice in whom you repose

confidence.Registration is optional. However since a Will has to take force only after testators'death , in cases

of disputes by  law puts a heavy burden on persons claiming sucsession through will since testator is not there 

to admit the fact that he has made the will.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register