LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shivakumar (MANAGING DIRECTOR)     23 May 2011

TDS On service Contracts with Supply

I am Business man and understand that any contracts will attract income tax Formally known as TDS but the TDS is charged on Full invoice value

For Eg: Any Product is sold under servcie contaract 194 C

Product cost is Rs 100

Local Tax is      Rs 014

Sum Amounts Rs 114

But the TDS is Made on Entire Rs 114/- Not On the Cost Of Product since the another Rs 14 is elagible Government Tax amount why We have to Pay TDS on such Tax Amount

Can Any One Help Me in this regards

When it is amounted in Cores the Amount of TDS becomes Huge on the Goverment Tax too

Please help Me

Regards

Shivakumar

Hubli

Learning

2 Replies

Asha Pole (Legal)     31 May 2011

Yes you are absolutely right, the tax would be charged on total amount 114 and this is sad part of our Government taxation.Incase of high amount, you end up paying huge amount of tax. But in the end you also have equivalent credit at your end to claim as set off while making the Income Tax payment.

Finally government has realised the impact of double taxation and hence they have come with something called GST which will impose only 1 tax...However it is still at the approval stage.

Shivakumar (MANAGING DIRECTOR)     01 June 2011

Thank Q for your Reply ,  Even Corporates are sitting Silently for this Double Tax

moreover every alternate month there is incress in the Fuel cost along with Labor Wages

Who will save the Small and Medium Business People ????????

Any Way Once again thank Q for Your reply

Best Regards

Shivakumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register