Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sarajohn (executive)     22 May 2011

special marriage act

Dear sir,

My husband and me both are christians and ours is an arrange marriage. Though the banns were announced in the church, ours marriage was done in sub register office serving one month of notice under special marriage act. Problems from my inlaws side arised after the banns were announced for the money, so my husband convinced me and married me at our place and his brother and brother in law were the witness. He left me with my in laws and went to U.S. They started harressing me for money...They threw me out of  the house. after 6  monthsmy husband returned and we have 2 yrs child, we were in bangalore for 8 months. till date no one from my husbands family have not contacted me. my husband also left me when I had come for the delivery...he has also not visited me. Now he has sent me a notice to come and stay with him or will take divorce. They r threating me for my son....please advice....what I should do?...

Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

nidhi sharma ( student)     23 May 2011

U can sue your husband under section 498. Dont worry about the child because the custody of child whose age is less than 5 years is given to mother. No need to carry such painful relationship. Be brave and make yourself capable to fight with the world.

sarajohn (executive)     24 May 2011

Dear Nidhi sharma,

Thank you for your advice.....I have all the proof of  my husband and his family demanding dowary and threating me that he will marry another woman,,,,I am not the first victim in his family..before me his brother's first wife has been thrown out and he has married a girl from the family and has children without divoce...they r doing the same for me....need more advice...I fear for my life and my son's ...I don't want to go and stay with me....please advice....

Thank you.

(Guest)

Dear Client,

i supporting Nidhi satatement, so don't b scare of anything... if still u r in fear of ur life and ur child then u can simply make a complaint in the nearest Police station.

further, if u want more info. pls b in touch.

Manoj kumar,
Advocates,
Delhi High Court,
Delhi.
Ph: 09310443650

Email: advocates.agra@gmail.com

"Speak less to the people whom you like most... Because if they can't understand your silence ......They can never understand your words...!!"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register