LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

I will Win One Day (Proprietor)     21 May 2011

Consumer complaints

I have want to approach Consumer court against two different corporates. I like to know from your goodselves whether it is worth while approaching consumer court on the issue.

1) MAKE MY TRIP:-

1. I booked 3 tickets on make my trip.com on 26/03/2011 from Bangalore to Goa.
  2. I cancelled one ticket on 28/03/2011 at around 1 pm for which i got the refund.
  3. I cancelled the other two tickets on 28/03/2011 at around 4.30 pm. I have not received the refund till 21/05/2011. The standard time for refund is 21 working days. The refund amount is Rs. 320/-
  4. Interest on SB account is calculated on daily basis. Because my money is blocked with make my trip.com I  cannot earn interest on it.

2) AIRTEL DTH:-

1. Airtel DTH website is not updated. The website shows channels which is not available in the package.
  2. Customer care executives say that they cannot send the channel list via mail.
  3. Customer service executives are not educated on company products and as a customer I need to suffer.
  4. Each executive have the own version for the same query.
  5. Airtel has introducted new channels.
  6. I have paid the recharged my account and asked the customer care executive to change my package to add the new channels. To view the channels the technician needs to realign my dish.
  7. The standard days for solving this kind of problem is 5 working days.
  8. The technician from airtel never turns back.
  9. If I call Customer care, one CC says it will take 5 more working days and other says it will take 48 to 72 hours.
  10. They CC gives telephone number of the technician who never picks the call.
  11. End of day I pay for the channels which i cannot view.

Learning

6 Replies

Karl Jacob (Partner/Advocate)     22 May 2011

Greetings,

Yes, you may proceed to lodge complaint in both the situations narrated above. Both are defeciency in service. But first I would advice you to send a legal notice to the said companies. If they don't resolve your problem yet, then you may proceed to litigate.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     22 May 2011

before filing the consumer case it is better to issue notice claiming the compensation from the cos., for not rendering the better service and causing mental tension.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     22 May 2011

before filing the consumer case it is better to issue notice claiming the compensation from the cos., for not rendering the better service and causing mental tension.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     22 May 2011

Yes, in both the cases you can approach consumer Court for deficiency of service.

S.R.Chandrasekaran (proprietor)     22 May 2011

I  know of website deveoped by one affected by the deficiency of service by make my trip.The site is" ruin my trip.com"may be you can take some clues from there

I feel taking up  with the consumer forum after your sending a notice of your intentions that you are going to a consumer form will help you a lot

I will Win One Day (Proprietor)     23 May 2011

Thank you for all your advices.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register