Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can I file application for medical test between court dates?

I'm contesting annulment case filed by wife on impotency ground. Now, counselling & lok-adalat failed and next date is after three months. So, is it possible to file application for my potency test and get order for the same from court before next hearing date? My advocate told me that I can file application for potency test only on next hearing date. Is it true? I want to get my test done as soon as possible without waiting for next hearing date to expedite proceedings. Please help.

Learning

4 Replies

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     21 May 2011

you can get the test done privately also without making application to the Court.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :palnitkar v v
"
you can get the test done privately also without making application to the Court.
"

Sir, When i approched some doctors including govt. doctors they were not ready to give potency certificate without court order. They also told me that  doctors are not supposed to give medical certificates on sensitive issues ie. DNA test, Potency test etc without court order. I've lab test results ie. hormone test, scanning etc. with me but I think there is no use of submitting only lab results without doctor's certificate in court.

So, please let me know if i can file application for potency test before next hearing date in court so as i can submit the test result on next date. I just want to avoid waiting upto next hearing date, after three months, to file the application, and another three or four months to submit results!!

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     23 May 2011

Is it true?

---   you may file any working day with sufficient reason, why you want choose right on this date?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     23 May 2011

it is adviseable that, go with court's order and to the prescribed hospital appointed by them. otherwise they may refuse to accept  the report.

you have the right to teste privately and will get a report. so many labs are there one may refuse, but other will accept the business.

the best strategy is just stand behind your pleader,calm and quite. when your term will come you will win.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register