Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunitha (consultant)     18 December 2008

Unfair Labour Practice - Need information for project study

Hi Everyone,

I would like to do an academic project on Unfair Labour Practice for my Industrial Relations Law paper in Business Law. Will be of great help if any one guide me/provide me relevant information on the said topic.

Thanks in anticipation

Regards,

Sunitha

(Email ID – sunita.mani@hotmail.com)

Learning

6 Replies

v.k.wasnik (UYT)     20 December 2008

the undersinged is reputed advocate practising in labour law and dealing with the law of unfair labour practices in Mumbai.if u wish please contact sothat u will be provided an opportunity to practice and learn. 

Aditya Mudgal (Lawyer)     22 December 2008

A list of unfair labour practices is available in the Schedules 2, 3 and 4 of the Maharashtra Recognition of Trade Unions and Prevention of Unfair Trade Practices Act, 1971.. That should be a good starting point for your paper. You could go into case law from each of the entries in the Schedules and discuss the same. For academic interest, it might also be useful to go into the business implications of ULPs in terms of union activity and union-management relations etc. The study could also be from a industrial relations perspective.. Good luck 

Sunitha (consultant)     22 December 2008

Thanks for your suggestions Mr. Aditya.

If possible, Can you help me with few famous case laws?

Regards,

Sunitha.

Aditya Mudgal (Lawyer)     23 December 2008

You could go through the following cases to begin with:

1. Delux Theaters Pvt. Ltd v. Bombay Labour Union, 1992 I CLR 256 (Bom. HC)

2. Gen. Secy, Engineering Labour Union v. TK Steel Ltd. 1989 II CLR 846 (Bom. HC)

3.Deepak Industries . Engg. and Metal workers Union, 1986 II CLR 383.

4. 1986 II CLR 76.

5.1988 II CLR 396 (Bom. HC)

I suggest you go through these and you can pick up the cases they have referred to or those that have been distinguished or used by the parties to support their contentions etc. These are the ones I could find immediately..

Aditya Mudgal (Lawyer)     23 December 2008

There are thousands of cases that have been filed under the Act. And most of them have different sets of circumstance.. So you could indulge in a extensive study based purely on case law..

Sunitha (consultant)     23 December 2008

Thanks for your support J

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register