LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIJAYNARAYAN (FREELANCE EDU CONSULTANT)     20 May 2011

ELIGIBILITY FOR BONUS

my present company covers all staff from day 1 of joining for ESI & PF benefits. However for the incentive / bonus calculation the no of days are reckoned from the day of comletion of probation only.

This seems not correct as I feel incentive / bonus should be calculated from day 1 also , especially so when we are talking of Bonus for even contractual employees

Learning

4 Replies

pradip shah (partner)     21 May 2011

eligibitity for bonus is from day 1 of employment.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     21 May 2011

Entitlement for ESI is as per the ESI Regulations and, therefore, mandatory. However, perks like bonus, incentive, etc., are components of contract between the employer and the employee. Also it could be reasonable for an employer to hold that during probation an employees learns and hence the real performance for incentive could be measure from the day of confirmation. If an employee were to claim for intentive day one of joining, the employer could set a target performance equivalent to a permanent employee, which could be difficult for a new joinee unti he had previous experience and best in performance!

VASUDEVAN

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 May 2011

Learned Mr. Vasudevan has elaborated and made the matter crystal clear.

Your concern is employee should be rewarded with Incentive/bonus from day 1; while  it is the employer's discretion and can link it to the performance.

In today's context the employee should be smart and must have adaptability, flexibility, situational management, persistence etc.

In corporate world it is acknowledged fact that money motivates. Speak to the corporate in corporate language.

Approach the decision making authority e.g. Head of sales if you are in sales, and make a presentation that the employee shall be  all the more inclined to perform better if he/she knows there shall be a reward of performance incentive/bonus and for probationers a scheme may be formulated with reasonable targets compared to a confirmed employee so that they taste the money and get into the habit of it by the time they earn their confirmation of service they are seasoned and hardcore performers and become an asset for the organization.

There are companies which still offer moderate salary but huge and high incentives and some them hardly spend anything on training, R&D etc but the vintage of their employees is in tens of years and they earn lacks of rupees in incentives. People long to join them but until they expand there is no vacancy. e.g. Micro Pharma.

VIJAYNARAYAN (FREELANCE EDU CONSULTANT)     09 June 2011

Dear ALL

Thanks for the contribution

I could not respond immediately as I was away on certain personal committemnts for some time

thanks & regards to all the contributors

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register