Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s.pavani357@gmail.com (s.pavani357@gmail.com)     19 May 2011

Patent agent exam training

Hello

Would like to know about the training provided by IPAI for patent agent exam.is that useful?is there anyone who had already applied or got trained by it earlier??

Learning

3 Replies

PARAG (Patent (IP) Consultant)     26 May 2011

Dear Pavani,

If you are fresher or haven't worked anytime in the field of Patents, it will be very difficult for you to understand through distance learning. I would suggest you to go for the classroom teaching because it will help you a lot in terms of understanding the subject and clearing your doubts. I am a patent agent and teach in colleges and in patent diploma courses. As per my experience, the main problem is that the students/candidates find patent law a very dry subject. Thus, I always try to simplify it by giving lot many case laws or practical examples. Otherwise students find it difficult to understand the legal language. Similarly, if you see the paper pattern, it is based on practical cases, which can be fairly discussed or think about in a classroom environment. Distance learning may have some limitations in terms of understanding and classroom discussions. Plus, I think listening carefully in classroom is more effective than understanding through reading books. It can reduce the extra efforts and study becomes easier, understandable and practical knowledge oriented. No doubt, books are of utmost importance. But you have to find such books which explain the things in such a manner to suit your current understanding capacity and then you should go for more complicated one. In fact, whatever knowledge I posses or developed, is mainly because of books and my mentor.

Otherwise, the another source for studying which is as good as distance learning is through the Patent manual published by Indian Patent Office.

Apart from this, if you have any doubts, feel free to ask.

Thanks & Regards,

Parag M. More

2 Like

s.pavani357@gmail.com (s.pavani357@gmail.com)     26 May 2011

Hello sir

Thank you so much for your valuble suggestion.I havent worked in patents field but did a Diploma course from NALSAR university in Patents law.I have attempted the Patent agent examination 2011 and scored 49.33%.as u adviced me,I have gone through Patent office manual for the previous exam and it was useful only for the 1st paper.I could not do well in the drafting paper.most of the institutions are charging a lot for the training and conducting classes only for 3 to 6 days.remaining training is through online.Please suggest me an institute where they could teach me drafting at a lower price or suggest me books that could help me prepare my self

Anita (Head- Engineering Group)     09 June 2011

Dear Pavani,

Every year we conduct training program for the Indian Patent Agent Examination during the months of November and December (weekends). We provide various felxible options for the trainings such as Classroom Training, Distance Education, Online Training.

We have kept one full day for Patent Drafting Session (out of 6 day classroom Training) wherein one can enroll only for that class. Apart from that we have kept last two days for discussion and Solutions to Previous Year question papers where one can enrol for them separately.

Let me know in case you have any further doubts. Please find attached brochure for the same.

Reagrds,

Anita K 

Attached File : 120536 185447 48 007 ipea origiin ip academy.pdf downloaded: 162 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register