LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     04 December 2008

Arbitory exercise of discretion

An olympic shooter wins Gold medal [ only a a game] and governement gives him 3Cr + awards.

Another shooter dies fighting with terrorists, saving our lives and country and - governement pays his family 5 lakhs.

Aperson who is doing his duty dies and his compensation is more than that given to an innocent bystander who met his death for no fault of his. The bystander does not have[ appoiuntment on compassionate grounds, PF, insurance, etc.]

Are there any rules or guidelines for this?

Learning

5 Replies

PS. I do not grudge anybody the amount of money paid. In fact it is less. But what is the criteria used ? The question does not wish to antagonise anybody as my full sympathies are with the family of the deceased and their act is great.

If possible, adm pl remove this query from jokes and humour section and insert it in appropriate place.

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     04 December 2008

Mr. Rajan i fully agree with you, these questions was there agitating in my minds .. armed forces who are protecting our nation and fighting terrorists must honoured suitably . . . .  C the politicians and bureucrats denied the armed forces the salary and other benefits in par with them - pay commission dispute . . . Oh God kindly save us from these politicians  . .  we will  know how to protect ourselves against terrorists.

Murali Krishna (Govt..Employee)     05 December 2008

Dear Rajan Salvi,

Your observation is very apt. I think that the olympian (shooter) is given 3 crores not for his bravery, but the medal he got is a rarest of rare. Can we say, once in a blue moon. May be more than that.

Pl don't think that don't sympathathise with soldiers.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 October 2014

if a drunkar crosses boarder enters pakistan and is charged of spying (no indian defends during trial) and convicted for death.  Both his daughters are offered Govt job.

If soldier dies on border got bravery awar, the a job can be considered :-

(i) for one member of family

(ii)if applied within reasonable time.

(iii) if otherwise having qualification.

(iv) if compared less poor family compared to other applicants.

(v) within5% quota for DR,[seperately to be divided as 5% of Gen 55 of SC 55 of ST 55% of OBC]

(vi) for Gp-C&D post only.

(vii) irrespective of higher qualification.

once offered post is refused the file closes.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register