LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     13 December 2008

PIL restraining TV channels on terror attacks filed

A writ petition is filed in the Supreme Court yesterday under Article 32 of our Constitution for the protection of a fundamental and paramount right of citizens to public peace, to compel the Government, in the light of a failure of its duty to restrain the media, to restrain the television media from relaying or disseminating messages and communication from suspected terrorists. The relevant news item is available here

The copy of the writ petition is attached.

Learning

11 Replies

Sushil Kumar Bhatia (Advocate)     13 December 2008

In my view the media has important role to give a perfect picture in front of world about an incident recent terror attack on Mumbai only media and this is an important Electronic evidence to fight criminal case in indian and international court ,as such,Media has vital role in evidence of any incident should not be banned.,but repeated telecaste of such incident frquently should be restrained.

Tribhuwan Pandey (Advocate)     13 December 2008

No doubt media should be open because it play a vital role in the society and place the truch on record.

But where the matter is related to the welfare of the public or a country the media should be  restrained strictly where it's telecast help to the enemies of humanity like as in mumbai attack.

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     13 December 2008

Excellent Prakash Sir.

Rekha..... ( Practicing lawyer(B.Com LL.M in Business law ))     14 December 2008

Yes I m in agreement with Sir Tribhuwan Pandey

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     14 December 2008

Is the video evident for the weak security system in Mumbai?

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     15 December 2008

Crazy media work should be restricted.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     16 December 2008

I agree with Tribhuwan Ji, and more over it was only through the media I saw our Police with 1st world war model Rifles against those Terrorist armed with sophisticated weapons. Time to equiped our police properly.

siddu (Advocate)     18 December 2008

I do agree with you

Prakash s Deshmukh (Sr. Lecturer-in-law)     20 December 2008

THOUGH FREEDOM OF PRESS FALLS U/ART.19(1)(a) OF CONSTITUTION BUT SAID F.R. IS SUBJECT TO ART.19 (2)i.e.INTERNAL SECURITY OF THE NATION.

THANK YOU                       PRAKASH S DESHMUKH

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     20 December 2008

important discussion indeed.thanks mr prakash

B.B.R.Goud. ( Faculty)     07 March 2009

thank you very much Mr Prakash.

the media is having such a vital role to play, to awake, educate and alert the society as well as the state, shall have to be within the provisions of Art 19(1)(a) read with Art 19(2).

for that the intellectuals have to provide a solution in that line.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register