LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasim (IT Professional)     21 April 2011

Joint Ownership

I would like to understand what are my legal rights when I am own a property jointly with someone in blood relation (Brother/Father etc.)

I jointly own a property(apartment) with my Father in Mumbai. I have taken a loan for the property and I still paying EMI for over past 7 years now. My parent have disowned me due to some internal family dispute that I cannot write it here. I am going through lot of mental distress due to their attitude towards their own childrens. Now, I am away from them for almost 3 years now and I cannot take it anymore. Ever since I have stopped talking to them, I have NEVER stopped sending money to them through NEFT. I would like to know what are the options available with me.

This may appear Wierd to lot of people, but  thats the truth!

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     22 April 2011

This is your family problem so u r sloved yourself. Property is joint name so It.s necessary both signing in regestered document when sale this propert . Any one can not sign and sale this property. Mr. Vasim meet your father and disscuss with him but don't argument  with him. (If any brother or sister please says they come with u becuz this is your family matter and they help to sloved the problem).    

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register