LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul (operator)     20 April 2011

Married daughter share in inherited property

I am residing in maharastra. I am the only son of my father who expired in 2007 without a will. I have a sister who is married in 1988 . My father has acquired ancesteral property from my grandfather. My grandfather in his will has given the property to my father . The property is  self acquired by my gradfather ie my gradfather purchased from seller.

Now my sister is asking for the claim in property . Can she have claim in property as per maharastra successsion act  /central govt act?

What is the ancesteral property? In my case, the  property is purchased by my gradfather so is it ancesteral.?

I have some idea of maharastra succession act 405a and 495a. Can somebody throw light on this ? It states that marred daugther before 1994 donot have any right in ancesteral property . If so, do they have right in self acquired property .

what right my sister has (married in 1988) in ancesteral and self acquired property of my father ?

Learning

2 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     20 April 2011

she's right in this property.

rahul (operator)     20 April 2011

thanks bharat kumar

well,understand that she has obviously got some right in property. i came to know from a friend of mine that maharastra succession act 405a and 495a states that daugther  marred before 1994 does not have any right in ancesteral property . As a lawyer can u or somone detail me as to wht this act exactly is and how is it applicable in my case? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register