LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Gupta (MD)     19 April 2011

Relinquishment deed

i am planning to buy a leasehold office space in delhi, while going through the chain of documents i found a relinquishment deed in which the property was in fathers name who died and the wife and daughter of that person has transfered all the rights to his son. my query is that if there is one more son whose name is not described in the deed comes and now challenges the deed, what can happen. and if i bought that property then that property will be considered disputed or clear. or what is my liability. do i go for that property purchase or not.

thanks 

Learning

4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     19 April 2011

Please indicate whether there really is one more son and without his consent the entire property has been transferred in the name of one son, courtesy the relinquishment deed by mother and sister?  If that be so, then, yes, you would be risking by going in for purchase of the said property.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     19 April 2011

NO, U r not purchase this property becuz the title is not clear.  

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     19 April 2011

no this property is not purchase by u if the area is free hold by the owner then u can hire or purchase it

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     19 April 2011

no this property is not purchase by u if the area is free hold by the owner then u can hire or purchase it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register