Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

zimmerzapper (student)     15 April 2011

Important news to all lci members Hack to modify your posts

dear all,

i've always felt that lci wasn't configured properly, option to modify your posts sometimes appears sometimes doesn't. so last night while i was looking at some thread i've noticed that small paper-pen icon at the top right corner of arup's post and i hovered my cursor over it to view the syntax lci servers use to allow a user to modify the post.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/modify_message.asp?msg_id=169344

this is the syntax used by lci servers to allow a user to modify their post, notice that "modify_message.asp" is the command telling the server to modify and "?msg_id=" is used to tell which post" and the number "169344" is the id of arup's post, lci servers assign a numerical id to every post you make

you can obtain the message id of a post by hovering your cursor on the thumbs up or down icon

(message id appears last in the status bar of your browser)

you cannot see thumbs up or down icon in your own posts. for this you either have to login from your other account from another browser or ask your friend to view the message id of your post and pm you that number.

replace the number in the above syntax with the message id of your post and copy the whole syntax and paste it in your browser's address bar and hit enter. this will take you to the page where you can modify your message

please note that you can only modify your own posts within 24 hours from the time of posting

(just checked if this works and it does, modified this message atleast 3 times. added a missing word in the first para, added extra instructions)

Learning

12 Replies

zimmerzapper (student)     16 April 2011

does everyone know this method?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     16 April 2011

No Sir, and thank you.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     16 April 2011

No thanks for the very imporant matter/.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     16 April 2011

IS IT?

NOT YET KNOWN TO ME.

DO YOU THINK MY MSG CAN BE MODIFIED BY OTHER PERSONS?

THANKS A LOT.

YES I TRIED. IT IS HAPPENING, AS YOU GUIDE . THANKS AGAIN.

CAN ANYOTHER PERSON MODIFY OR ERASE IT?

PERHAPS IT IS A NEW FACILITY - LCI GIVING US.

WHEN THEY STARTED IT?

zimmerzapper (student)     16 April 2011

dear arup,

other than mods and admin no one can modify and erase your messages. it is not a new facility, because of the way lci is configured the option wasn't available to everyone. that's why i called it a hack

2 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 April 2011

I often receive message purported to be from microsoft, when I open LCI website, that the website is unsafe and may contain spy viruses. Has anyone else got such a message?

no such msg  received by me mr ramani.

thank you zimmer zapper. not only me many of us will be benifited by this information.

sometimes the pen not appearing.

zimmerzapper (student)     17 April 2011

Originally posted by :Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech]
"
I often receive message purported to be from microsoft, when I open LCI website, that the website is unsafe and may contain spy viruses. Has anyone else got such a message?
"

no i didn't get this message too

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     17 April 2011

ye hui na baat! jug jug jiyo me mitra mr.zimmerzapper!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register