LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

han (ceo)     08 April 2011

right to sell

hi im han i was  gifted a property by the way of a registred gift deed  recently  now my question is i got my gift deed and  a certified copy of the sale deed of the property  from my uncle for the said property and i dont have a original sale deed cus my uncle misplaced it. so now im trying to get  the property mutated on to my name with the help of the gift deed and certified copy of the sale deed but can i sell part of the property or develop part of it and sell it??? or can i take loan on the property??? bcus my frnd who is law student said i need to wait for 12/13 years to sell it??? becus i dont have the original sale deed so i will become owner by adverse position only after 12/13 years???pls calrify!!!

Learning

3 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     08 April 2011

U take a certified copy of sale deed from registrar office and then (u or your uncle) give a declaration for misplaced the original sale deed. 

venkatesh (Advocate)     09 April 2011

You have every right to sell. As per your averments made in your query, it appears that you are an absolute owner, Sale Deed is only a Document to establish your title. A mere loss of Sale Deed does not cause any impediment/shadow to your title. 

(Guest)

contact 2 my mobile number 9177200441

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register