Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarao (NONE)     08 April 2011

Finalised a SAle, dad cancelled power of attorney

Hello,

My father gave me a General Power of Attorney last year to authorise me to sell our Ancestral Property which price around 4.7 crores.  This year in March, I made a deal with one buyer and he gave me Rs. 30lakhs as booking amount or what we call here "Beyana" and made a written legal document showing amount recieved from the buyer and mentioning date of Registry to be on 10, May 2011. But then after taking the depositing amount my father cancelled the Power Of Attorney. Please note at the time of finalising the deal, the GPA was well in existance.

Now, I dont' have authorisation to sell the property as my father cancelled GPA and he is not willing to sell the property. The amount, Rs. 30lakhs which I recieved, has been used to clear the loan we had on our property which is to be sold here.

I want to know the following things:

1. Can my father sell the property without my consent?

2. I technically do not have any information about GPA being revoked, I just heared it from one of my friend in Rgistrar Office who told me about the revocation. but I ave not got any official notice.

3. What are the consequences since I have received 30lakhs as booking amount if we do not sale property to the same buyer.

4. IS there anything I can do make my presence neccessary in Registrar office if my father plan to sell the property on his own.

Learning

1 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     09 April 2011

1.Being ansestral property your father cannot sale it without your consent.2.without any official notice thr revocation does not binding on you.3.you have to  face crimianal and civil proceedings.4.file a suit in court and apply les pendence on7/12.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register