LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUMIT ARORA (OWNER)     07 April 2011

TRANSFER OF PROPERTY

My relatives has constructed shops on piece of land and my father bought FULL 2nd floor of the building 15-20 years back, but somehow he was not able to get the registration of the property done.

My father died in 2007 and now i wish to get the property transfered in my mothers name, so that the sons can make use of the property in future in terms of sale / mortagage to bank / LOAN etc. 

There is a clear understanding between us and the relatives who have constructed the shops regarding the payments made 15-20 years back by my father, but i dont have any written proof of the payments made.

My question is ---- how can the property be transfered in my mothers name keeping the sellers ( relatives ) safe from the capital gains ????

Can the sellers give registered power of attorney to my mother and later she can sale the property to the sons ???

Relationship with the sellers ( relatives ) is that of MAMA & BHANJA ----- MY MOTHER IS A WIDOW OF SELLER MOTHER'S REAL  BROTHER.

WAITING FOR THE REPLY

Learning

2 Replies

Naresh Kudal (none)     10 April 2011

you can get the deed registred now. your relative need to accept the payment before registrar. go to expert for construction of deed.

SUMIT ARORA (OWNER)     11 April 2011

sir, do i have to construct a sale deed or power of attorney ?

and if i am not wrong - i dont need to transfer payments to the sellers account , its just the sellers have to give a statement in front of the registrar that the payments were made 15 years back.

Will this also safe them from the capital gain tax.?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register