LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Kumar (Manager)     05 April 2011

Can wife challange the will after husband death

My wife neither obey my intruction nor respect the social values always try to despessed to me now i just want to know that if i excute my will in the favour of any relatives or NGO after my death can she challange to my will ?Is she has any rights in my property after my death while its my self earned property .

Learning

11 Replies

paripurnachary (student)     05 April 2011

No,she could claim the self acquired  property all rights rest in your hand ,You can write a will on any person you like .Will written property will goes to donee after your death only. 

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     05 April 2011

No, She is not challange your WILL.

Dr. Chandran Peechulli, Ph.D; FIE (Editor & Publisher Chief Engineer(Retd.) GM(T))     06 April 2011

Though not a lawyer, personally feel "If an irrevocable will, can be challenged after the husband's death, the will becomes meaningless and illogical" to the departed soul.  

valentine thakkar (advocate)     06 April 2011

In case of self-acquired property, irrevocable will can never be challenged and if done so, not teneble at law. Will operates after the demise of the person making it. In case of ancestral property situation is different.

Abhishek Marvi (ADVOCATE)     06 April 2011

i agree with mr.thakkar

Ravi Kumar (Manager)     06 April 2011

Thanx to all of you for reply and kind advice to me . first of all i would like to tell all of you that why such as thought came in my mind and i want to make my will so my wife could not challange my will and i i want to register my will so it could not be challange by any one .

Actually sir i am self made person and was belong to a poor family after my hard work i got a position in society now i am doing my own small business . i lost my childhood to get such as position and bear too much sacrifices in my life. I got marry with wife to think that she belong to a poor family and she will respect to the my feelings and will respect to my nearest and dearest but she nevr tryed to understand my feelings and emotions during our 18 years marriage life  me and my relatives so many timr tried to convince her but all became failed . since a 2 years before she filled a case on me for 125 RPC for mentenance and spoiled my all image in society and between relatives . one of judge ordered without any evidance and argument Rs.15000.00 PM as a mentenance to her while my total income is Rs.24000.00 pm out of which i have i have to pay Rs.10000.00 libilities like LIC, Mediclaim, SIP and Loan emi of Bank etc . Every where i had nominated her name . I built a home which is on my name and in running business i am as a partner .

Now quation is this all of i got after my hard work and for this i lost my childhood, my desired but what i got now ? A spoiled image ....After mentenance ordered i am unable to pay  PM such as amount from date of her application so as a punishment to her i want to make my will in the name of any of my relatives or any NGO after my death because i am totally depressed now . So please all of you are requested kindly give me a since advice in simple words what should i do so she could not get any one thing after my death i want to see her on road after my death . I am not found of money or property but i just want to punished her and for this i can do anything ....................... to see her on road

Ravi Kumar (Manager)     06 April 2011

Sorry i had forgot to write one thing that we dont have any kids .....

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     06 April 2011

I agree with u but she is your wife and u see her on road after your death but why? what's the different between u and ur wife both r same thinking, Your wife first think that she see u on the road and u think after my death she is on road. Try to understand i m not give a advice but just think in your family u and your wife u meet her one time and says that why we both r quarrel if she understand then u think why u not make a WILL on her name. 

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     06 April 2011

GREAT BHARAT SIR I AGREE WITH BHARAT SIR ,

"RISHTAE BIGADNAE MAI TO EK MIN LAGTA HAI PAR BANANAE MAI ZINDGI BEET JATI HAI "

BHARAT SIR KA YEH ANDAAZ KAFI AACHHA HAI KI WO CLIENT KAE SAMNAE DONO PAKSH RAKHTAE HAI

Ravi Kumar (Manager)     07 April 2011

Thanx Mr. Bharat for kind suggetions but i wish to clear that me and my relatives even my neighbors already tried to convince her about family responsibilities and also i have called to her parents thousnad times but they never paid attention on my life problems i think she is irresponsible but her parents too much irresponsible. From my marriage day one she has made my  like a hell by her such as attitide my relatives even my sisters never comes to my home . I had discussed with her why we quarrled with each other if there are no any relatione and you dont like me and i also dont want to spent my life with you so we should be seperate from each other and should start our life once again and for this i can give you enough for your living like share in property and monthly mentenance also but she want too much which i cant give because as you know i am a self made person and after 14 yrs my job perioud i statrted my own business with Bank loans which libilities still continue to pay in emi's . All of these reason now i find myself all alone in world some times i think who for i mannage all these while my life is not peacful . I like a normal life with peace but she dont want to see me happy. So that i decided if she does not agree i will donate my all self equaired property to some one any. So kindly give me advice how should i make my WILL so she could not challange my Will after my death. She always greedy for money and i want to show her that this property is not for you for this you were quarrled with me since a long time .

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     08 April 2011

u cheack website "vakilno1.com" for WILL.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register