Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh Krishnan (Software Engineer)     05 April 2011

CAR PARKING ALLOTMENT DISPUTE

Hello Legal Experts,

I need advice on what options i have to take action against the builder regarding failing to provide proper CAR parking. When i had come to check out the apartment the builder showed me a car parking space and i was satisfied with it. At that time the parkings were marked with red chalk and showed my apartment no.

After the registration and sale deeds were signed and completed and i decided to move in; i was surprised to see that the builder asked another apartment owner (Mr. X) to take up the parking space which was promised to me. No intimation was given to me. He asked me to occupy Mr. X parking space which was IMPROPER as there is a pillar in betweeen and which i have disagreed and asked for either the original parking. Note that this IMPROPER parking space depicts the number of the apartment owned by Mr. X. Since the association is not yet formed; the builder has not shared the parking allottment design document and also not willing to share it with us now to see what allocations has been made. The builder is not coming forward to solve the problem and avoiding meeting us till the association is formed so that he can quickly handover the documents and disappear. I feel cheated and dont know on how to handle this situation.

He keeps assuring me that he will give me a parking; but i dont trust him as he has never kept his promises till date and i am afraid that he would have changed the parking document numbering and put my apartment no in Mr.X place and vice versa. This is getting dragged for the last 6 months and i have to park randomly whereever i find a free space. Note that all apartments are booked and parking space allotted. Only me and this other apartment owner were the last two buyers.

NOTE that the sale deed does mention a covered car parking space for my apartment no. However there is no design document which shows where this parking exists.

Please guide.

With Best Regards,

Santosh.

Bangalore

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register