Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh (IT Consultant)     03 April 2011

Regarding Soceity Maintenence charges

Hello All,

I am not sure if my question belongs to this particular categeory. Requesting to please redirect me to the correct categeory if not.

My question is about the society maintenence charges of a registered society for apartment complexes. Is there regulation on the method of calculation used to calculate the per flat cost.

I understand that various methods are used like flat rate or per squarfeet or mixed approaches. All said and done are these only decided though the society general meeting or is there any goverment guidlines or regulation for these.

Again requesting to please direct me to the correct forum/categeory if this question does not belong here.

Thanks in advance,

Suresh

Learning

4 Replies

M V Gupta (Advocate)     05 April 2011

If ur society is situated in Maharashtra, pl see the latest model bye laws. They contain clear provisions regarding calculation of various maintainence charges to be distributed amogst  the member s of the Society. I presume ur Society has adopted the model bye laws as directed by the state . Even otherwise the relevant provisions should be followed by then Society.

1 Like

Suresh (IT Consultant)     11 April 2011

Hello Mr Gupta,

Thanks for your reply and sorry  i could not respond earlier, somehow i missed the alert.

Our society is situated in Karnataka, and i am trying to find out what these by-laws are for Karnataka state but with less luck.

I also have one more question - Do these bye laws/provisions also define the maintenence charges applicable seperately for a balcony and a open terrace?

Thanks again and

Thanks in Advance

Suresh

M V Gupta (Advocate)     12 April 2011

For the model bye laws of housing societies in ur state you may contact the Hosing Federation or the Registrar's Office. In the bye laws of Maharashtra, there are clear provisions regarding calculation and manner of distribtuion of each category of maintenance charges. Hope similar provisions will be awailable in ur state's bye laws also. 

1 Like

Suresh (IT Consultant)     12 April 2011

Thanks a lot Mr. Gupta, My next step would be to locate these sources and try and get this information.

Not sure if anyone in bangalore already has gone through this on this forum

Thanks again

Suresh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register