LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     17 November 2008

Claim for damages

Hi, I recently moved from Delhi to Bangalore and used the services of Aman Movers and Packers for transporting my goods. I had also insured my goods. During transit my Fridge got damaged. The cost of repair is said to be 4,500/- but the company is saying that their insurance agency has valued my Fridge at 3,500/- only and therefore they will only pay 3,500/-. They are asking me to bear the rest of the amount for repair. I am not sure if I should claim the complete amount as the damage was done by them during transit. Please suggest if I can claim the complete amount and if there are any legal clause for the same. Regards, Jai

Learning

4 Replies

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     17 November 2008

THERE IS DEFICIENCY OF SERVICE AND YOU ARE TO MOVE DISTRICT CONSUMER REDRESSAL FORUM, IF YOU SO DESIRES INDEED.

Rajendran Nallusamy (Advocate)     17 November 2008

Prof. Pratihar is absolutely rght. Yet please see whether the liablity is restricted in the invoice

Pravin Lakhani (Advocates)     18 November 2008

Insurance Company is bound to eimburse you the actual amount of cost of repairs and replacement of parts, provided the estimate for the same is obtained from an Authorised Dealer/Repairer of that brand of Fridge, You may contact teh Insurance comany concerened and discuss the issue with them and their surveyor.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     18 November 2008

My ld. friends are abbsolutely right.

If u need any help u can contact me at:-

BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES

253, AGGARWAL SHOPPING COMPLEX, CD-BLOCK,PITAMPURA, DELHI

MAIL ID- rakhibudhiraja@gmail.com

cell no- 9871158578/9711364956

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register