LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aatma   14 November 2008

Indian Police and Future Lawyers

Police officers are happily watching the crime in Madras law college premises located in Madras High Court complex.

In false 498a cases these honest police are duty bound to knock the doors in early mornings and arrest innocent people, aged women and men, and children.

Please don't click this link if you are so soft:
https://dinamani.com/videos/lawst1.wmv

Two groups of armed students clash Chennai: There was a bloodbath on the Tamil Nadu Dr Ambedkar Law College premises here on Wednesday evening, with two groups of armed students attacking each other with deadly weapons on an examination day. A large posse of police personnel, which had reached the spot in time, stood mute witness to a murderous assault on a student.

Even as the student — who is said to have triggered the whole sequence of violent incidents when he entered the campus brandishing a long knife — was being thrashed by a 15-member mob, the police remained unmoved just a few metres away. Though photo journalists, who were clicking every bit of action, pleaded with the police to rush in and rescue the boy, their cries fell on deaf ears. The 90-minute drama left four students grievously injured.

When asked why police hesitated to enter the campus, an official said they were waiting for permission from the college principal. A senior jurist, however, said that when a cognizable offence is being committed, that too in front of their own eyes, the law enforcing authorities need not wait for any permission. They can act without any complaint, even if it occurs inside private premises, he said. “It is only a convention that police should wait for permission from the college authorities, but nothing in law prohibits them from acting during violence,” admitted a senior education ministry official.

According to eyewitnesses and visuals the boy was attacked by the mob even after he stepped out of the college campus. After the violence, the police sealed all exit gates and trapped a group of about 60 students, including those who had unleashed violence earlier.

Officials, who were closeted with the college principal for a while, later picked up three students — identified as Prabhakar, Jayakumar and Balamurugan — and took them to the Esplanade police station.

A police official said the genesis of the dispute was printing of some wall posters during the recent birth anniversary celebrations of a national leader. A section of students, he said, protested the omission of another leader’s name in those posters. Another official, however, said it was essentially a clash between tel students and day scholars.

https://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOI&Basetarget='_blank' rel='nofollow' href=TOICH/2008/11/13&PageLabel=3&EntityId=Ar00302&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T

Learning

2 Replies

Shree. ( Advocate.)     14 November 2008

My Humble Request: Persons Below 18 of age / weak heart should not see these brutal videos.

This is a shocking incident. But this is not the first incident. Such incidents are common in this college before my batch and it got worsened thereafter. Really I feel very sad to be the old student there. The college hostel is regular slaughter house. An in-house rowdy sanatorium! Murders, fights are a very common and regular happening in the college and hostel. And to think these students are the future of our county. The law is in their hands. A very scary and disturbing thought! I think we as the citizens of this country should do something about this, even not anything else at least try to create awareness.

Are they humans ?? I dont think any human mind can do to this extent. All are mentally ill, infact made mentally ill by the politicians for their survival. Shame for an entire nation, where is the law? Where is the police?

This is one of the gruesome videos ever I have seen. A student is beaten up so brutally. Is caste that matters??? Are we still living in Stone Age??? What have they proved by doing so??? Lots of questions for which I don’t have any clue still now. I need everybody's help to understand the inhuman act.

Again comes the role of men in khaki. I don’t know what to say about them, but I suppose they are the law protectors.

Think well, there are lot of skilled students out, striving for the financial support to continue their studies in high schools and professional degrees.

1.Goverment should stop giving the scholarship to those who involve in these kinds of criminal acts.

2.All these students should be dismissed and should not be allowed to join in any other college very strictly.

3.Once again Police officials have proved they are worthless and their inability.

4.It is apparently seen from the videos that the police officials are deliberately ignoring the riot as seeing a TV shooting and acting as drama policemen’s.

5.After the entire killing act police officials and college management are giving the interview in cool manner as nothing happened.

6.Both management and the police officials who let this killing act to happen should be dismissed very strictly.?

7.Opposition parties should strictly question about this barbaric act and all the hell that is happening in law colleges. 8.Goverment should bring the strict control over all law colleges and its students and should make them to go in right path.

I am very upset to see the video and to note the condition of my country. Is this the same country where few days back we sent satellite to moon??? I am speechless
!!!

(Guest)

I am very upset, a day before this incident we had our ML semester final exam, after the exam we were forced to come out of the college, we were informed that there is some student's prob in college so it ll be safe to go out of the campus. they were more then 20 police officer were gave protection to the college. so it sounds the administration and police very well knew the clashes going to happen but kept silent. why??

Its a sadistic behaviour. Are they students? Are they human? there is no humanity, who ever had weapons in their hand they should immediately dismiss, but hard fact is that they will be just suspend. Is casteism is important than humanity?

I feel shame to say student of chennai law college now, but its such a wonderful campus, it will be very difficult for us to enter the campus again the blood saint will keep on remind us the dark day.

Is a Lawless Lawcollege!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register