LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viral (Officer)     05 March 2011

Notice Period in PSU Bnak while on Probation period

I am Viral Parekh, had joined State Bank of Hyderabad asOfficer in Oct 2010 and was under probation for 2 year period. However I applied for resignation in Feb 2011 and the notice period I was told to serve for 3 months or pay for the shortfall period. I was disappointed since I was under Probation period and yet had to serve for 3 months.

Hence I wanted to know about this since unlike most other PSU banks where notice period is for only 1 month during probation and 3 months after confirmation

Learning

6 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     06 March 2011

What are the terms for notice period, during the probation period and after confirmation. ALso are you on probation on original terms (2 years!!) or on an extended period of probation. The terms of the appointment/extension is important to assst you in your query.

vasudevan

Viral (Officer)     06 March 2011

Vasudevan,

I am not on extended period as i have already mentioned that i have joined in Oct 2010.

The main issue i feel is its very rare in org to have Notice period of 3 months SPECIALLY during Probation period!!!! (would have been justified had it been after confirmation)

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     07 March 2011

Sorry to point out! This should have been raised before signing the contract. Having signed the contract agreeing for the notice period of 3 months, I see no point in realizing the rarity at this belated stage. Please check and provide the extract of the probation letter/terms to see the specitif terms of the appointment.

vasudevan

Viral (Officer)     07 March 2011

Vasudevan,

I agree with you - but i feel the major point to be seen over here is ---

If you are on probation then notice period is 3 months and after confirmation notice period wil be 1 month!!!!

How ridiculous to have in PSU Banks (mind it its NOT the same in all banks)...Logic says it should be vice-versa

ujasss@gmail.com (ujasss@gmail.com)     29 July 2011

Hi

I need your help on this topic related to 'Resignation during probation period'.

Please post your reply. It would be really kind of you.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=41440&offset=1

Regards,

Ujas

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 July 2011

Dear Viral,

Kindly post "extract of the probation letter/terms to see the specitif terms of the appointment." as mentioned by learned Mr. Vasudevan.

If you wish you can erase the name etc or you can copy paste the text of terms only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register