LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Elsy Jacob (Officer Process)     21 February 2011

Deserton

I am married to MR PAUL JACOB since 22nd April 2007 . Despite small small differences we lived a happy married life.It all started one fine day when he demanded me to resign my job which i refused to .Further to this he asked me to hand over my jewels to him which again i refused .This aggravated my husband & he never permitted to live with him.Despite my various efforts through my parents & his parents & friends he refused to let me live with him as a result of which i am forced to live in hostel since 26 th june 2010 .When ever i tried to speak with him over the phone he abuses me & threatens me to divorce.After various efforts to unite with him i am left with no option but to seek your intervention to unite us since all other efforts miserably failed .In my last conversation with him he insisted me to give mutual divorce & if i oblige he will give a good settlement. i never want to get separated from my husband & want to live a peaceful life with him.Kindly help me to live with my husband because i love him.

He changed the door lock because of that I am staying in the hostel for the past 8 months

We have been separated for the past 8 months.I have given a complaint against Womens Commision .But I didn't get any help from them.Is there any way to get inside the house ?Please help me.

I have not given any complaint against him.

Regards

ELsy

Learning

4 Replies

Ambika (NA)     21 February 2011

Elsy, you can file DV against your husband and request for releif for residence in your matrimomnial home. Not letting you continue with your job, asking you to hand over your jewels, pressurising for a mutual divorce against your wishes are all acts of mental crulty. 

However, try all means of reconciliations before you take the DV measue.

Look for more advice from legal experts here , post your query to Experts' section as well. You can also visit past threads, many of  which has similar  problems posted  and suggestions given for the ways to seek solutions. 

Wish you the best .

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     21 February 2011

I also agree with both members. But as far as I know- mediation is by mutual will only, girl cannot force him to go to mediation throu court.

My small sugessions-

* before initiating any legal proceedings, try ur best to involve elders into resoving the dispute. try to understand why he is so angry. Job theory or jewels theory seems not be the big factor in his annoyance. Rest u know better!

* Why not filing Sec 9 (RCR) rather than DV?

Mallik Karra (Done with AIBE)     01 March 2011

@ galsober - RCR u/s 9 is for those who got married under HMA.

@ Author - you've got good suggestions from the experts above, but did you inquire why the womens commission did not come into your rescue.

he insisted me to give mutual divorce & if i oblige he will give a good settlement - here might be a case of immaculate planning & execution for god knows what hidden motives........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register