Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Thankaraj (TL)     01 February 2011

My Father-in law like to gift a property to me and my wife

Sir,

My Father-in law like to gift his self owned residential plot (at Chennai) register to myself and my wife's name.

Is it possible to gift the property registered in both of our names (daughter and son-in law) legally?

Is the registration cost (stamp duty + TAX) will differ if my Father-in law register only to his daughter without including my name in the property registration document?

Also, Is it possible for me to get a housing loan against my wife's residential land?

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Thankaraj

Learning

7 Replies

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     01 February 2011

Yes he can gift to you both

But in A.P if the gift is to a family member then there is lot of exemptionin the stamp duty payable

In the gift deed if you name is also included then such an exemption will not be there

You can always raise the required loan even if the property is in the name of your wife.

Better it is in the name of your wife.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     01 February 2011

Yes he can gift to you both

Thankaraj (TL)     01 February 2011

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any tax duty exexmption (in Chennai, TamilNadu) if my father-in law gift (register the property) only to his daughter?

In that case, if I am taking home loan against my wife's property can I avail the home loan tax benefits?

Please advice.

Thankaraj (TL)     02 February 2011

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any tax duty exexmption (in Chennai, TamilNadu) if my father-in law gift (register the property) only to his daughter?

In that case, if I am taking home loan against my wife's property can I avail the home loan tax benefits?

Please advice.

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     02 February 2011

yorr father in law is having rights to gave the propert both of you. you are luky.

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     03 February 2011

yes. your father-in law can transfer his title to you and your wife ie. his daughter.

it is valid if the property has transfered to both of you by your father-in law

there is no difference for transfering on both of you.  there is same fees has collected from you.

you can got the loan if your wife is giveing noc or mou

Tapan Paul (Head)     20 February 2011

Hi,

I want to buy my father inlaw's property. I want to take a home loan for that and want to register the property as gifted one. Property is situated in North Calcutta, WB ...

Will I get home loan for that ? if yes what will be the property registration/stamp duty changes for that in North Calcutta?

Waiting for your reply,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register