LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yellareddy (manager)     30 January 2011

property for adopted child

dear sir i was adopted by my mothers's elder sister. i was not aware of these till my adolcent age. As per records school records , employment records my parents are my adopted parents only . but legal document is not there for adoption.

now my adopted fathers sister with the help of her brother suits in the court for inheritance saying that ther is no legal heirs for my adopted father. they cliam that i am donot have any right on the property of my adopted father. please clarify. Right  now i am the custodian /possessing the  property and my father died five years ago and my mother died a year ago. They waited all these days, and now says that legal proof is not there for me to hold the property. My adopted fathers property is only because of inheritence. so  i donot have any right on that.

please advice to e-mail.

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 January 2011

Burden lies on you to prove that you have gone in adoption.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     30 January 2011

I think the documents which prove your adopted father's name can be used to show before the court that you are his adopted son. In case of need, you can also execute a document for relinquishment of rights over your natural parent's property, thereby proving your right in the inherited property of your adoptive father. Registration of adoption is not compulsory in India.

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     30 January 2011

you prove yourself the you are adopted son and the school certificates is enough to prove for the same. 

First of all you apply for the legal heirship certifiate in proper taluk office and you may show the certificaes and your adpoted partents death certifiates along with application.  If the officers neglectted it,  you may approach and  file a succession certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register