Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prasad ( )     27 January 2011

Landlord forcing vacation with lesser than 4 weeks notice

hi,

Many thanks to respective lawyers and knowledgeable persons of this forum for sharing their knowledge with commoner like me.

I have following query:

We have taken an apartment on rent in Bangalore and the agreement term got expired 4 months back. We are paying the rent on due date without fail. We also have paid security deposit worth 10 times monthly rent to landlord. Two days back the landlord came to us saying that he has sold the place and we need to vacate. We agreed to vacate the place saying that we will need 4 to 6 weeks to do so.

However the landlord is taking the stand that since the agreement term got expired we should leave immediately within 1 weeks time. He is saying that he will force his entry and take possession forcefully if we do not vacate in weeks time. I also suspect that he will create trouble while returning security deposit.

1. Can the landlord force us to vacate the place with less than month's notice citing that the agreement is no more valid?

2. Since the agreement term is expired, can I hold the premises till he returns the security deposit?

Please advise...

Thanks in advance.

-Prasad

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register