Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aziz (Sr.Research Analyst)     27 January 2011

Legal Heir Certificate

Good Afternoon Sir,

My father and my mother both passed away within 8 months, They have left 2 individual houses for me and my sister. However they did not right any will. They told us verbally. One house is in the name of my father which was given to me. Another house is on my mother's name which was given to my sister. I want to sell the house which was given to me, my sister is okay with it, she is ready to come to the registration office and do her signature. It would be vice versa, i have to do the signature when she is getting transferred or selling off the house which was given to her. But for the registration, we need to get a FAMILY MEMBER CERTIFICATE or LEGAL HEIR CERTIFICATE. When i approached my Mandal Revenue Officer, he informed that Family Member Certificate is used only if my father has left any savings with the government or any amount which was pending with government.

For selling the house I need to get a LEGAL HEIR CERTIFICATE with the Civil Court. I approached a lawyer at Civil Court, He is ready to give me AFFIDAVIT-CUM-LEGAL HEIR DECLARATION on a Rs100 Bond Paper. Would that work for the registration of the house when it is sold. Please help me. I would be greatful to you my whole life for this favor of yours.

Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     28 January 2011

Dear Aziz,

The procedure is very/different from state to state, as you have not disclosed that you are from which state, place.

According to the Karnataka rules and practice, if you require LEGAL HEIR CERTIFICATE for selling proproerty then you will have to excuate an affidavit on Rs.20 stamp paper mentioning the purpose in the affidavit along with stating the family members details.

Once it has notirized, then the same has to be filed before the THASILDHAR office for asking LEGAL HEIR certificate, before that you will have to meet and get counter sign from local village/accountent or secertary/officer signature to confirm the same, then it goes to Thasildhar's confirmation.

It is advisable that please take one day extra time and do as per legal, affidavit-cum -legal Heir decleation will help you only on time being but it wont help in future.

Regards

Basavaraj

Aziz (Sr.Research Analyst)     29 January 2011

Thank you Mr. BASAVARAJ

Thank you for replying, However I'am from Hyderabad. Andhra Pradesh. If you any information, Please help me.

Senthil Kumar L (Advocate)     28 July 2011

Respected Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

I had a query that a person who died in Andhra Pradesh at Hyderabad.

How to we get the Legal Heirship certificate ?

Please help me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register