Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

NRI Parent maitenance.

Sir,

I am in US from past 10 years, I have spend more than Rs24 lakhs on my parents from past 10 years ( I have everything documented).

1. Around 17 lakhs as Family maintenance.

2. Around 7 lakhs on US trips + Singapore trip.

Other than this,

1. They stay at my house in India ( hence NO rent factor). Current rent for this house will be around Rs 12,000.00/-

2. I pay all the Utility bills. Around 1500 Rs per month average.

In my last india trip, they performed a ploy , created a family fight, then my mommy fell down for NO REASON. Now, they have gone to Human rights claiming I pushed my mommy.

Here are my questions, what will happen with this Human rights claim? I am sure they will try to troubleme with this Human rights claim.

1. Will it affect me while I am here in US?

2. Will it affect only if I go to India?

3. What will be the typical compensation if they win? They are claiming that they are pennyless. Highly impossible.

4. What would be the minimal maintenance amount? Please NOTE that they have 2 kids who are doing equally well.

They have 2 kids, myself and my younger brother. Both of us are doing well. My parent did sell their own house for close to 8 lakhs. If my calculations are correct, they should have saved amount close to Rs 30 Lakhs.

Please advise me on what I should do? I am afraid to go to India. Believe me, they haven't done even 1% of what I have done to them to their parents.

Learning

1 Replies

Vibhor Verdhan (Lawyer)     20 January 2011

I need some more clarifications on the issue so to give you most appropriate advice kindly contact me on vibhor_verdhan@yahoo.com; verdhan.solicitor@gmail.com  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register