LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruti (XYZ)     19 January 2011

Need Urgent Advice

My sister-in-law has filed a fake case(IPC 498A, 307) against my brother and the family, including me. My name is also in the FIR, inspite of the fact that I never stayed with her or my brother/parents after her marriage. I never had contact with her or met her after the marriage. I have always stayed in different cities, working for my employers.

As of now, we have arrest stay from the High court for 1 month. Please suggest what should I do in the meantime since I have been unnecessarily dragged in all the mess.

Please help!

Learning

10 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     19 January 2011

I think already you have challenged the FIR in the High Court.  File an application in the same case to extend stay order.

(Guest)

If stay of arrest order has been passed in section 438 Cr.P.C then file an application under section 482 Cr.P.C. before High Court for quashing the FIR... if criminal Misc. Petition  under section 482 Cr.P.C.  has already been filed thn file an application in the same case to extend the stay order.....

1 Like

Shishir (Manager - Business MIS)     19 January 2011

Dear Shruti,

Getting a stay order on arrest, is the best thing you have done. Wish you best luck for future. Plesae follow the instructions of your advocate.

Praveen Goud Vanga (Advocate)     19 January 2011

dear sruthi,

Dont worry u are on the correct path if at all your have filed for quashing of the FIR under 482 crpc, pending further disposal of the petiton the stay will be extended further as your advocate to file the CRL M P

1 Like

dinesh bathla (advocate on record)     19 January 2011

hello shruti..

mr Ajitabh Acharaya is guiding the best,  go for the queshing of FIR under section 482 crpc if already applied, then go for the extend of your stay order againest your arrest. you can also attech your employer's certificate which proovs that you used to stay in different cities, from the very first day of the marrige of your brother,  for the work of your employers. i am sure hon'ble High Court will definelty be in your favour...

Gud Luck...

1 Like

Davinder Khurana Ferozpur(Punj (advocate)     09 February 2011

As ajitab advises you should go for quashment under section 482 CrPC

Shruti (XYZ)     09 February 2011

Hi Friends,

Can we lodge a complaint in police against this lady?

Also, please let me know the legal way through which I can get her call details?

Shruti

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Shruti
"
My sister-in-law has filed a fake case(IPC 498A, 307) against my brother and the family, including me. My name is also in the FIR, inspite of the fact that I never stayed with her or my brother/parents after her marriage. I never had contact with her or met her after the marriage. I have always stayed in different cities, working for my employers.

As of now, we have arrest stay from the High court for 1 month. Please suggest what should I do in the meantime since I have been unnecessarily dragged in all the mess.

Please help!
"

Dear Shruti,

This happens against hundreds of females like us everyday and then those who claim to be defendsnts of womens' rights never think about us and never wish to see the truth.

I know a similar case where bhabhi has never stayed with her husband's sisters (even for a day) and has implicated them in false cases for her greed of money. We must raise our voice against this misuse of law against us. Mothers and sisters should make an all India group and ask for our rights. While those women have these laws to support them , there is nothing for females like us that can protect us from false allegations. 

syed (Branch incharge)     27 May 2011

Well said Avani Ji

stylistperson (Director)     03 June 2011

Hi Shruti,

We are going exactly similar circumstances as your case.

They have put 10 year back married my sister's name in fir who lives with in laws and we approaching to quash the case in highcourt. Just waiting for court's action. I think that's all we can do at the moment.

We will win but just have to wait and watch. Wish you all the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register