LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vwxyz@rediffmail.com (self)     17 January 2011

date of birth

My parents have given my date of birth for school records different with that of actual date of birth registered in municipal records.  Based on this date I have also finished my engineering degree.

When I want to apply for passport they insist on municipal date of birth cerificate. Though I have the birth certificate issued by the municipal authorities , I am afraid if I produce the actual birth certificate this clash between the school records and passs port will complicate the  issue in future or at the time of visa.  

Is it now possible to change the date of birth in the school records. If so what is the procedure. I have studied at CBSE syllabus schools [two different schools] and one private university.

Kindly help.

Regards.

rajagopal.[vwxyz2010@rediffmail.com]

Learning

5 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     17 January 2011

There is a circular by year 2001, which diluted the place/date of birth in the pass port office. one such circular, i have seen in a judgment in our judiciary section.

vwxyz@rediffmail.com (self)     17 January 2011

Thank yu Mr. Aravinthan for your reply. Now will you please tell me what is the circular and what the circular says?

My request is what is the way to correct the date of birth in the school/ college records? and what is the consequence of having two different date of births in the school records  and Pass port?
Please advice.
Regards

Rajagopal[ vwxyz2010@rediffmail.com]

Dr.R.Stephen Louie (lawyer)     20 January 2011

dear,

you have to  file a suit thru which you have to prove your correct date of birth by witnesses who could tell about you . The witnesses must have been seeing you since you were born barring your parents. If you need futher help tell me. Dr. Stephen Louie -9444587777 / theadvocate@live.com

NOTTAM VENKATASAMY (Director Nottam Law Associates)     20 January 2011

YOU CAN FILE A SUIT IN REGISTER OF BIRTH ACT THIS IS ONLY THE REMEDY.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     31 January 2011

It is almost impossible to change DOB after matriculation. Now only option left with you is to contact CBSE with a plea that since your parents were not educated enough to remember the exact DOB at the time of admission in the schools and it was wrongly admitted at that time but my actual DOB as per municipal records is...........I did this for my son who was with UP Board and it was changed accordingly and even got it changed into his passport also.

Just have a try with CBSE.

Best of luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register