LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarun (ABC)     04 January 2011

Property transfer from brother

My Parents(both Mother & Father) bought an agriculture land 10 years back along with my uncle and aunty(real brother of my father). After two year of purchase my parents bought 80% share of my uncle's land in the same plot by paying him the agreed price. But my parents did not get the portion of land bought from uncle transffered on their name and instead made a mutual agreement letter on a stamp paper. I wanted to know the procedure as to how can my parents now get the portion of uncle's land transferred on therir name which involved a minimum transaction cost.

Learning

4 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     04 January 2011

U registered a Sale deed between your father and your uncle (as per mutual agreement letter) I think your father give a payment by check or cash mention in this agreement and now today what's a value of this property u inquire at registrar office then registered a Sale Deed.

Tarun (ABC)     04 January 2011

Hi Bharat,

Thanks for the reply..the sale deed was on a stamp paper. It was not registered with any government agency except the fact that it was on a notorised stamp paper with witness signature.. What i wanted to know is

A) The process to get the land portions( bought from uncle) to be transferred/registerred on my parents name.

B) The cheapest way of  getting it registerred or transferred i.e like without incurrin the stamp duty or any capital gain.

On your earlier comment, i didn't understand the need to go to registrar office to get the current value and past value...does this mean to calculate the capital gain or pay stamp duty?

Tarun (ABC)     06 January 2011

Hi,

Does anyone has any other suggestion on the above issue?

Tarun (ABC)     06 January 2011

In addition to my first question i have few more information/question which could help better analysis of my problem

A) As my parents bought 80% of my uncle and Aunt's portion(50% of total), How should my aunt be transferring her portion to my parents? Will this be part of family transfer as my aunt may not be in direct(it is only through my unlce) blood relation to my parents.

B)Should there be any site map attached during the transfer process for the land portion my parents bought? This might help avoid any future conflict if arise.

C) The land is situated in Haryana and is an agricultural land. How much stamp duty and registration charges it will attract for the transfer?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register