Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashish (software engineer)     16 December 2010

mutation of the house

Hello all.

I have purchased flat (apartment) in 2006 in Pune. I have done registry at sub-registrar office (Pushpmangal Building, 2nd Floor, Bibwewadi, Pune 411037) in 2006 only. I have got the possession and I lived there since 2007, I have got the possession letter, last year I received property tax bill and I paid the tax also.

Few days’ back I came to know about property mutation is required; I never did so since long.

I want to know

1. What will be the process now to do the mutation?
  2. What will be the charges and fees?
  3. Is there any time limit to do mutation after purchasing the property?
  4. Are there any dues I need to clear now before mutation?
  5. Where and whom I can contact?

Your reply with answer will really be helpful to me.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Ashish

Learning

4 Replies

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     16 December 2010

From whom you have purchased? If it is a sale deed and proeprty is in your name then what is the purpose of the mutation ?

ashish (software engineer)     16 December 2010

Hi Uma,

First of all Thank you for the response.

Yes I have purchased flat from the builder, registry is on my name and I am first owner of the flat.

I heard / came to know from friends that after sale deed there is required to do mutation. So i was worried as I never did mutation for my own property. What do you suggest?

Thank you again

Best regards

Ashish

Y ARAVIND (ADVOCATE)     19 December 2010

If the property is Pune municipal limits, you can apply to Pune municipality for recording your name by paying requistie charges.  After clearing the dues only the municipality records your name as taxpayer of that proeprty.    

ashish (software engineer)     20 December 2010

Thank you Arvind for your advice.

Actually I am living out of India, so can you please suggest how would I go ahead to close the matter? I mean the process ... can I apply online or so? ...

Thank you for your kind support.

Regards

Ashish

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register