LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anil trivandrum (business)     15 December 2010

IF ORIGINAL DOCT LOST

I have lost my original property document.It has not recovered yet.I cannot sale the property without any legal valid - authenticated document.My legal friends saying that I can get a CERTIFIED COPY from sub registrar office concerned prior to publish an advertisement in a popular local Daily.Also advised me that, clearly mention any information know any one about the Original Document which irrecoverably lost may submit to the Sub Registrar concerned,  should attach in the Ad.
           Friends..Sirs...please advice me that after doing all above,can I get a clear,salable,marketing,legal DOCUMENT?
           If not what is the remedy for my grievance?  
               Thanks in advance

with regards,

ANIL TRIVANDRUM

Learning

3 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     17 December 2010

You can obtain duplicate copy of the documents from the registry, which can be used for all purposes.

Y ARAVIND (ADVOCATE)     19 December 2010

Value of original document cannot be equated with certified copy.  Property rights cannot go with orignal document. Take steps to establish that you lost original document like lodging complaint with concerned police, giving publication, getting certificate from that police, obtaining certififed copy, encumbrance certificate, etc.      

prsmitra (advocate)     20 December 2010

i agree with aravind

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register