LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Mawle (x)     27 November 2010

Registered Will

My Grandfather bought a house of 1600 Sq.yds, after his death his wife and her 7 children decided to divide the house hence the youngest son filed a suit for partition in the court .My father who was the eldest son along with his six siblings and mother each was awarded a Plot of 200 Sq.yds. Now my father passed away last year on 3/12/2009,after his death my mother and we three children survive, my mother wants to make a will to gift her share out of the property to elder brother since he is mentally slow. Can she execute a will in his name which is legally valid if so how and what is the format.

Learning

4 Replies

Raghav Sood (Lawyer)     27 November 2010

rather than will she can also  relinquesh her share by executing relinqueshment deed in favour of elder brother and in relinqueshment deed no heavy stamp duty and registrauiion is required and yes she can also will her share to the elder brother.

(Guest)

The will can be executed by your mother for undivided share in the property. The registration is compulsory in order to avoid doubts in feature. The format will be the same as like others wills. Consult with a document writer of your area and execute the same immediately before your loses mental capability 

(Guest)

kindly search this forum for will related documents  on the heading  FILES

Viswanath (Student)     30 November 2010

Yes she can execute the will in relation to her share in the property but it should be in the undivided share so long as you four do not divide the property by specifying the meats and bounds.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register