Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sad Husband (Frustrated Victim)     16 November 2010

Please help

Dear All,

Need advice on my situation.

I got married to this girl in May 2009 in a different state than maharastra just because her grand parents house was der. later we started residing in my house in Mumbai. We both are Catholics and got married in church in that state. We have not registered the marriage in any court. Things were not very good right from the beginning and she continuously visited her mother’s house without any rhyme or reason. In March 2010 she left the house giving reasons that she was not feeling well and got herself admitted to the hospital to gain the cashless facility of the insurance that was getting expired. Post her hospitalization (planned) she stayed at her mother’s house saying she needs to rest. Later then she came to my house with her father in April and took all her belongings saying she needs the gold and stuff to attend a wedding. In June I told her that I wan to get divorced and since u are living separately anyways. Then her parents and she came to my house and did a big hungama and threatened me with false cases. I wan a divorce from her now and since it is almost 10 months it is high time that I get a divorce as I plan to remarry. 

I spoke to a lawyer and she suggested we file for a divorce under special marriage act and not Christian marriage act since the desertion period is 1 year as compared to 2 yrs in CM act. Kindly advice if that is possible and what re the grounds I can put in my petition and if not special act then how can I get a divorce as soon as possible. Pls advice.

Thanks and regards

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register