Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prashant (se)     13 November 2010

Incomplete doctorate

HI everyone, Hope to get a solution frm this forum

My dad is a lecturer in govt engg college, few years back he went do to phd but tat didnot materialize and he couldnt complete due to politics frm collegues. AS hIS THESIS WAS REJECTED MORE THAN 10 TIMES and he lost heart and came back.

Now the guy who was the reason behind the incomplete phd became principal of the college and has written on my dads file that , he needs tro return the money provided to him with intrest as he couldnt complete the degree.

which amounts to a huge sum and may be he wont get a penny after retirment.

MY QUESTION TO ALL YOU PPL OUT THERE ARE:

1. Is there any rule under UGC which asks back the amount frm the candidate if due to some reason phd is incomplete?

2. Has been there such cases before and if yes plz guide me?

3. Can we prosicute this guy for mental and emotional haressement?\

PLEASE HELP..................

Learning

5 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     14 November 2010

Sir, I suppose your father must have signed some papers which state clauses of repayment , while getting the benefits for doing PhD. And so, the principal is now asking for repayment. If it so, then he has to repay it now. Or else, the college will recover the same from the money accrued to him during his retirement. 

1 Like

prashant (se)     15 November 2010

Originally posted by :prashant
"
HI everyone, Hope to get a solution frm this forum

My dad is a lecturer in govt engg college, few years back he went do to phd but tat didnot materialize and he couldnt complete due to politics frm collegues. AS hIS THESIS WAS REJECTED MORE THAN 10 TIMES and he lost heart and came back.

Now the guy who was the reason behind the incomplete phd became principal of the college and has written on my dads file that , he needs tro return the money provided to him with intrest as he couldnt complete the degree.

which amounts to a huge sum and may be he wont get a penny after retirment.

MY QUESTION TO ALL YOU PPL OUT THERE ARE:

1. Is there any rule under UGC which asks back the amount frm the candidate if due to some reason phd is incomplete?

2. Has been there such cases before and if yes plz guide me?

3. Can we prosicute this guy for mental and emotional haressement?\

PLEASE HELP..................
"

Thanks For ure reply.

According to my knowledge the bond said that the ppl who are going for phd programme have to serve the college for 3 yrs after theu return. and no were it is mentioned anything about in case if it is incomplete.

My dad has served here almost 35yrs.

Please advise

prashant (se)     16 November 2010

Thanks For ure reply.

According to my knowledge the bond said that the ppl who are going for phd programme have to serve the college for 3 yrs after theu return. and no were it is mentioned anything about in case if it is incomplete.

Please advise

prashant (se)     16 November 2010

Thanks For ure reply.

Please advise

Originally posted by :Suchitra. S

"
Sir, I suppose your father must have signed some papers which state clauses of repayment , while getting the benefits for doing PhD. And so, the principal is now asking for repayment. If it so, then he has to repay it now. Or else, the college will recover the same from the money accrued to him during his retirement. 
"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register