Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NewAge (Professional)     07 November 2010

Continuous Desertion and Divorce

Hi,

My marriage took place late 2006 and within 6 months of marriage my wife deserted me till date due to her suspicious behavior and constant naggings against me on unreasonable issues such as separate home, bank credentials, suicidal threats etc. Her surroundings as well fuelled her on several occasions. She was carrying 3 months at the time of leaving but child birth as well not informed till date.

I have called her several times to restore the conjugal rights, written several letters and finally sent legal notices after 6 months of desertion. But she replied that she needed a meeting. However, I told her to resume duties since there was no real reasons for a meeting. Instead, she maintained silence for long and suddenly entered my home after 1 year of desertion to take her belongings away. I have obtained written acknowledgement and returned all her belongings. However, instigated by her relatives she left few belongings thinking that it will 'help' her in future. Despite this, I have written a final legal notice late 2008 to restore the matrimonial relationship. She didn't respond. Neither I filed a case on conjugal rights thinking that I should avoid court at any cost - I have just stopped with legal notices and letters.

After keeping mum for more than 9 months, suddenly she filed conjugal rights petition in later part of 2009 against me in family court. I attended several counselling and explained the facts. Almost all counselling went against her that counsellers warned her severely destryoing relationship. After that, I counter filed on her petition and also filed divorce  this year on continous desertion and cruelty for more than 3 years. She didn't file counter petition yet for my divorce petition but bought additional times twice.

However, she filed a petition under DV act to protection officer now saying that she was thrown out from matrimonial home and that she needs shelter at matrimonial home now. I attended the enquiry and explained the facts on her desertion and belongings that she took away from matrimonial home. But protection officer was insisting me to take her along with me to my home. I refused completely, given my wife's rude behaviors and certain false allegations on me of late, and told them that I would better face her in court and before that I cannot give her shelter at my home given her continuous desertion and a petition with ulterior motives to get into my home after me filing the divorce. Now I am not sure what would be the next steps from protection officers and my wife and what sort of precautions I should take given my innocence and my family reputations - Your expert advice is appreciable.

Thanks,NewAge

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register