Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sneha (none)     02 November 2010

stamp duty on service level agreement

Hi All,

An IT company provide software service to banks and bank pays to the company against the services rendered. IT comapny is located in Mumbai and the bank where the sevices are being provided is located in Kerala. Comapany prepared an Service Level Agreement  on 100 Rs. stamp paper and the execution place is Mumbai since the stamp paper is belong to Mumbai (Maharashtra State). Kindly guide for below query.

1. Does the agreement need to be registered
  2. What is the stamp duty or fees payable for an Service level agreement

Learning

7 Replies

jaspreet singh (advocate)     02 November 2010

The agreement is not required to be registered compulsory. It is a legally valid document without registration. However, you can notarize the same for authentication of signature.

Further there is no such special requirement of payment of stamp duty on service level agreement. As you have executed the agreement on Rs.100 stamp paper, same is sufficient enough.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 November 2010

Brother Jaspree singh reply is correct.

Rajesh Tekale (Lawyer)     09 November 2010

Service level Agreements are required to be registerred by some states please check the provisions under keral states in bombay it is not required to be registerred.

SARITA SHIVARAMAN (service)     26 November 2010

Madam

I want the format of the Service Level Agreement. I am a manager in an IT Company, for my knowledge, if you can send me the format.

Thanks

( SARITA SHIVARAMAN ) 

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     07 December 2010

I agree with Mr. Jaspreet Singh.

Abhishek Marvi (ADVOCATE)     07 December 2010

i agree with mr. jasprret singh but mr rajesh tekale comment is also true, because in gujarat some document become mandatory registration before sub registrar.so plese confirm kerela state rule

Monali (Service)     19 January 2011

Ours is a IT Company in Mumbai and We have entered into a Advisory Service Level Agreement with NRI. Could you please tell what will be the stamp duty on the Agreement? Whether Bombay Stamp Act is applicable in this case?

Regards,

Monali

Company Secretary

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register