Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jyotsna Verma (Liver Transplant Consultant )     27 October 2010

Liver Transplant in India

Liver Transplant in India - A Liver Transplant Coordinator's Perspective

Liver Transplant when done for the right reasons at the right time and by the right people can be a BOON of life however most of the patients are unprepared for this major undertaking and tend to get carried away by inadequate, unsubstantiated and sometimes misleading information available through the internet and propaganda done on behalf of transplant centres.

Therefore to get the best result out of this life-saving procedure it is advisable to LOOK before you LEAP

.... Jyotsna Verma  www.indialivertransplant.com

Learning

5 Replies

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     27 October 2010

There used to be live liver transplant, where living donor donates a part of the liver, and another is complete whole organ/liver transplant, here the organ removed from dead person gets transplanted into the affected person.

The biggest problem is money, and none of the Govt. Medical Colleges and Hospitals conducts these organ transplant. At AIIMS too has stopped and condition their is hopeless. Also govt. does not give any monetary help to the patients.

If I am wrong then plz correct me.

There is a complete apathy from the Govt. OF India for "Organ Transplant".

Message is clear, when one does not have money, just die, Who cares for whom?

Wah India Wah!!

Jyotsna Verma (Liver Transplant Consultant )     27 October 2010

Dear Sir, Many many Govt. Hospitals are doing Liver Transplant operations with very very less amount. That also with a good Success rate.

Actually private ones are very very good in marketing strategy as compared to Govt. thats why no one generally knows about Govt. Institutes.

this is the reason i have launched www.indialivertransplant.com ---------- Jyotsna

Just name a single Govt. Institution where liver transplantion specially live is going on.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     28 October 2010

is blood group matching compulsary for liver doner and taker?

i have heard such.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register