Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahi (Not applicable)     25 October 2010

IT case and requirement in passport

Hi,

This is the situation

My father has a Income tax case against him.The judgement was in his favor in the district court.However the IT dept went to the high court and the case is still pending.Now my question is my sister lives in USA.My parents want to visit her during this summer.My parents want to apply for a passport.In the passport application form there is a requirement to obtain NOC from the court where the case is going on?So does the court issue a NOC?Will the passport office issue them a passport and can they travel abroad?

The  experts from this forum replied that the  court does allow this type of permission but at the same time it is the discretion of the court which varies according to merit of the each case. However the passport authroties will not issue passport keeping the NOC pending since evasioin of tax comes under economic offences

I understand that in the above case a NOC needs to be obtained for obtaining a passport.My question is if the court does not issue a NOC and since the case is acquitted in the district court,can we attach a judgment copy issued by the district court and an order sheet from the high court where the case is filed, for obtaining the passport?Please advice.

Thanks
Mahi

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register