LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Royan ( )     22 October 2010

Letter from Domestic Violence Act...

I'm in Bangalore, I slaped my wife one month before, She runaway from my home and she gave one complaint against me. And I got letter from Protection Officer, Domestic Violence Act, Chennai  to attend the meeting in chennai. On that particular date that officer  was not there, He went outside for other reason. I wrote a letter, that, "Please give me other date to attend, and I gave my phone number also..." One morething my Wife also doesn't attend the meeting.

What wll be the next step...? I'm planning to give Divorce after finish this problem... She is mentally cruelty and desertion...

Learning

9 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     22 October 2010

Protection officer of Chennai has no jurisdiction to entertain the complaint under the DV Act, because DV act is taken place at Bengaluru. So you file a divorce petition at bengaluru and when you receives the summons of DV act challenge it in the High court.

at chennai only, the petition has been registered

michael ( lawyer)     22 October 2010

your wife is having right to give complaint before the protection officer against you regarding harrassment. and it is your duty to attend the enquiry conducted by the protection officer. the protection officer will summon you again ,and you can narrate all the facts relating to the cruelty,desertion, mental agony etc. dont be emotional ask for counselling and speak frank to your partner, your problem will be errased. think positive.

with regards

p.michael

After this can i File Divorce..?

vijaybhushan ( advoacte)     23 October 2010

Socalled violence take place at Bangalore as per Cr.P.C jurisdiction  at Bangalore.

michael ( lawyer)     24 October 2010

yes you can file divorce. but it is not advisable .you can file restitution of conjugal rights. you will succeed

(Guest)

yes,its too hurry,if you make a mistake then accept it and say sorry and try to conciliate the matter,dont go for divorce.Dv act is a special act for protecting women .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register