Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PKS (HR Manager)     03 October 2010

Defamation

Hi All,

I am new to the group. As on date I have joined the group for discussion for advice on the case as summrised.

I hope my discussion topic does not fall out of the perview of this forum .Further, Please let me know your expert comments on the same;

A girl in live in relation seeks her parents approval. Both of them Manhandled. Specialy boy.

20 Days later, the girl is forced to / willingly moves out of relation from the house where she resides with her partner along with her & some of his partner's belongings.She does not comes in contact for 5 months. When stretched by boy one sudden day he finds crime branch people in his house. He finds that there is complaint lodged against him in police station & with crime branch, with all allegations some of them to the extent of  abduction, torture & even attempt to rape.

As the case is in its true shape , boy comes clean out of investigations with a strong back up of evidences & witnesses along with the fact that the girl is virgin.

No FIR is registered. Boy still tries to approach girl, as she is still out of scene. The efforts work out after a complaint is lodged by Boy's Parents. But the second party plans another trick and brings power & might together to sign an outside court settlement. This time the girl is present with statements as per her parents willingness.

With the tide, boy settles with the complaint copies & a compromise copy. The case started in month of Feb. The complaint lodged in the month of July. Settlement on 19th September.

The case has more interesting details but on prime-facia,

1. What are the rights of boy for his safety in future from legal angle.

2. Can boy file a case of either or all of ; defamation , financial losses , harrasment.& theft (For his items like Hard drive & Mobile)

If the case is not applicable here,please let me know if some can show me the way to justice. A quick response is solicited.

Regards'

Learning

1 Replies

M. A. Khan (advocate)     03 October 2010

Your line of action shall depends upon the terms of settlement.  If the same was signed before any judicial authority or before police.  If it was done before police, you can challange it on the ground of undue influence and presssure.  Otherwise you have good case of defamation for spoiling your image in society.  You can file criminal case as well as suit for damages.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register