Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamlesh (Assistant Manager)     29 September 2010

Special Marriage Act - Date

Hello There

I want to get married under the Special marriage act..  I want to apply for it,,. However can someone help in advising

1 -  If I can get a specific date for example.  I want my wedding to be effective the 26th December 2010.. but as  I will apply in October to complete the procedure of 30 days notice and then the court gives me a date prior to the 26th as its is a Sunday.  So the court say gives me a date to get the wedding done on 22nd December,, Can I get my marriage certificate with my wedding date as the 26th December 2010

2 - Do they have any religious ceremony when we go to the court or do we just sign the register

3 - What if I am not in the country or my to be spouse is not in the country while submitting the application.. Is there anyway I can still go ahead under this marriage act,

Please advise. Your earliest help is appreciated.

Thank you

Learning

3 Replies

Tenzin Namgyal (Advocate)     29 September 2010

date of the marriage shall be when u spouse signed on register and there isnt any sort of religious cermony but u guys can exchange mala[ flower] or ring if u wiish!

Kamlesh (Assistant Manager)     04 October 2010

Hi There,

Thank u for the reply.

Could you please also advise, What if I am not in the country or my to be spouse is not in the country while submitting the application.. Is there anyway I can still go ahead under this marriage act,

Your help will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Kamlesh.

Tenzin Namgyal (Advocate)     06 October 2010

frankly speaking marriage isnt joke. so its obvious to have to have both the spouse to present during the submission of any application related to marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register