LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Justification of strike

Dear friends... in present scenario... each n every department and proffessionals are ready to go on strike for their demands ( justified or injustified)..... i want to call everyone to opine that whether the strike by Advocates or doctors are justified in any sence... pleasy give your opinion.. thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     23 September 2010

Respected Ajitabh Sir,

I think strike is last weopen to so resentments, specially for private professionals. If the Govt employees remain on strike for so many months and govt does not take any sringent action against them, despite the punishment they are rewarded with full salary generally. Then why should the advocates and doctors are placed in different category.

But mode of strike and time must be according to need and requirement of society, as at the time of flud doctors should not go in strike, they should not  left emergency services during strike. In the same way Lawyers  must show their resentment according to situations. Though Sc has declared that strike is totally illegal for lawyers. They can start with pen down for one day in a month, or half day strike etc. 

ABHINAV JAIN (Associate)     23 September 2010

Before I opine whether strike is right or wrong it is necessary first of all to see it from the different perspectives:

Let's Suppose doctors Go on STRIKE-

(A) From doctors point of view- Imagine a scenario where a doctor is confronted with a scenario where a person seriously injured is brought by his relatives (say 7 in number) to the hospital, even after trying his best he fails to save the deceased. The relatives, though in grief (having lost their son/father husband etc.) find/make their mind that had the doctor arrived a few minutes earlier (or what if he had applied a particular treatment which the relatives fear might have had caused the death) their relative could be alive, and without affording him any opportunity start quarreling/brawlling. Now How is a doctor supposed to work in a free environment and make decisions independently without fearing that if the outcome is something which was not anticipated then his life would be in danger. Then I'm personally sure there would be no advancement in science- if all the doctors are kept in an environment of constant threat, that if they take any risks for their patients and for the future generations by evolving newer and better methods of  treatments they will be met with furore, then I think that all these advancements in science is nothing but a waste.

(B)  From the general publics view - Well the general public which is affected from these strikes always takes a dim view of such a situation. They believe why the entire gild goes on strike and thereby causes great disdain among the general public. The public believes that there are other alternates available to strikes - for example working with black arm bands, negotiations etc.

Conclusion- Well to conclude i would first-of-all like to say that - it is the one hurt who feels the pain the most and not the one who hears about it. So one cannot imagine the amount of grief someone might be in without suffering the same. 

Various new drugs and cures are being found/discovered by doctors by taking risks. Even the S.C. recently observed that the doctors perform the most important of all tasks in the most strained atmospheres.

Finally had the govt. been any sympathetic to the pathetic conditions not only of the govt. Hospitals but also of the awareness of hygeine among people we would not be hearing a statement from one Mr. Suresh Kalmadi (C.W.G)that their are different standards of hygeine/cleanliness and the standard of hygeine in the C.W.G village is above the Indian standards {After one Mr Fennel slammed the preparations as UNINHABITABLE, when the committee saw dogs sleeping on beds for athletes}

So I leave it upon ur gud self to decide whether strikes are justified or not.

ABHINAV JAIN (Associate)     23 September 2010

It is Govt. apathy towards the common man that the common man has to resort to some metod or the other in order to make the govt. realise as to its shortcomings, and to find a solution as fast as possible

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register