Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rochdale (MIS Executive)     04 September 2010

HDFC Bank not providing me Settlement

Dear Sir,

i had an outstanding amount of 89000/- in March 2008. i was not able to pay the whole amount in lumsum so i use to pay minimum amount due every month. From march 2008 till today i am still paying the minimum amount due and my due amount pending is still 60000/-. According to me from march 2008 till date i have paid HDFC credit card more than 1,20,000/- which means they are already in profit.

But when i called the debt management for a settlement they told that settlement will not be possible on my card as bank will be in loss.....LOL.... they are already in profit. and that i will have to continue paying the due amounts.

This is really irritating as why will i pay more than my due amount on the card ?

HDFC Bank is a bigger ROBBER......................

Please help me in this case.

Thanks

Learning

10 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 September 2010

If you had any dispute with the bank and you blocked the payments, you can raise it.

Consumer forum may help you.

It shall be appropriate to file  thru your local lawyer.

Rochdale (MIS Executive)     05 September 2010

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but i am unable to get what you are trying to tell what do you mean by "blocked the payments" ??

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     05 September 2010

It is the standard tactic of the bank to claim for more than  the actual dues. Wait fo few more months and let the bank come with proposal for settlement where you can bargain for more than what you antcipate.If you want to take pro active measure then file a complaint in the consumer forum regarding imposition of excessive arrears.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 September 2010

If you pay the total amount of purchase within the due date bank does not levy any charge.

If you have paid amount lesser than the purchase,and due to some dispute then ,you should raise it with the bank.You may ask for the refund of excess amount collected from you.

You may consult your local lawyer.

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     12 September 2010

Please ask for statement of account and check up with all the transactions

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     15 September 2010

first of all u check the amount which is in ur account after that  all entry post in ur bank pass book .after that u complaint the bank manager .after 15 days u can another complaint to local head office ,after that u complaint head office of that bank .

R.kumar.bangalore (executive)     18 October 2010

while applying credit card ,we are all agreed all rules of the bank with out reading and signing and giving to the bank rep(due to lesser time). whenever you use card , if you pay the full amount there is no problem in the credit card transaction even lot of charges service tax and other taxes your liable to pay to the bank, even if your not using the card also,most of the bank is giving settlement only no paid account only, please do not make any payment for next two to three months, give the letter go the bank, you are in loss or job less. please get the settlement letter from the bank , then pay the outstanding thro dd only close the account.

Galeel (webdeveloper)     19 October 2010

Based on the country, it size and population, the options which are available in that country may be very popular but may not be even heard off in another country. So when you choose an option for yourself, you need to see the acceptability of the credit card all over the world.

[url=https://www.stockexchangeupdates.com/]stock update[/url]

Galeel (webdeveloper)     19 October 2010

Originally posted by :Galeel
"
Based on the country, it size and population, the options which are available in that country may be very popular but may not be even heard off in another country. So when you choose an option for yourself, you need to see the acceptability of the credit card all over the world.

Stock Update
"

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     19 October 2010

For getting the statement of account, you can serve a notice through registered post upon the bank calling upon for the same and in case the bank does not provide the statement of account within the notice period, you can file a complaint before Consumer Forum of competant jurisdiction with the help of some local advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register