Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G.G.Shaikh Advocate M:9898038990 (lawyer)     01 September 2010

misused of berar cheque by wife

res friends,

my client 's wife have field cases under ipc 498, pwdv act and then after  also filed case under  ni action by misused of berar cheque of husband . The  signature of my client  is on frunt and back side of cheque . The cheque is deposited by endorsement of A/c payee by wife. please give me guideline or any judgment for this kind of  berar cheque  

Learning

2 Replies

mukesh (Legal Consultants)     01 September 2010

Sir,

the signature on back side of ur client demonstrates the very nature of che being a bearer cheque. The said che can b sent to handwriting expert for his opinion of handwriting on che particulalry of word "A/c Payee" --- if opined in ur favour then u can prove dat the cheque in issue is fraqudently presented and it's is not drawn for legally enforceable liability-- so S.118 of NI Act cud b rebutted. Other prov u/s 139 NI Act automatically becomes rebuttable

Thanx

mv jha & co

Advocates

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     02 September 2010

Unless it is proved that the cheque was issued towards a specific liability or loan, it cannot be directed against you. You can inform the banker about the loss af the cheque book/cheque so as to avoid anyfurther injury.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register