Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naresh (In search of job)     21 August 2010

RTI to first appllate when there is no reply from PIO

Dear LCI members,

RTI rules for the first appellate authority

(1) I had sent RTI application to PIO, madurai kamraj university asking for the MBA completion confirmance and the date of completion on 08-06-2010.

(2) I have not received a reply from the PIO within a month, so I had applied to the first appellate authority of the university on 07-08-2010. I have given him sufficient time to reply to my query.

My question now is :- Is it within the rules to apply to the first appellate after the completion of the one month period but before 2 month's period.? What exactly the rule says, if the PIO doesn't reply?

Please clarify  

-Naresh

Learning

4 Replies

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     21 August 2010

You can file first appeal within 30 days from the date of receipt of reply of PIO. In case no reply is received within 30 days of filing RTI application, [ you should file first appeal within 30 days from the date the reply should have been received. Thus it should be within 60 days from date of submission of RTI application. You have to add 10 days for both side postal transit period. 

Usually few days delay is not a cause for not accepting first appeal. You may file first appeal. You may visit my files on RTI on this portal, including for first appeal.

Naresh (In search of job)     24 August 2010

Dear J.P Shah,

As I explained above, I had sent my RTI application on 08-06-2010, but didn't get any response from PIO, then filed to the FAA (appllate authority) on 07-08-2010, just before the 60 days period from the date of application. This complaint to FAA reached him on 09-08-2010 (i.e on 61st day). Still I have not received a reply from FAA (Directorate of distance education, Madurai Kamraj University).

(1) Now, I want to know, if I go to TNSIC, will they accept the second appeal, will they not say that as it is reached after 60 days, they can't consider this application and ask me to file fresh application.

(2) Please also say, the procedure to send copies to PIO and Appllate Authority for the complaint made to TNSIC (second appeal). Is it simply sending 3 copies, each to TNSIC, FAA, and PIO but in the copies to FAA and PIO, simply mention it is a copy to them, the original one of which is sent to TNSIC?

Naresh (In search of job)     24 August 2010

Dear Sir,

Please also tell me how to visit files section on this site for first appeal as advised by you in your previous post. I found files tab on this site, but the first appeal section on RTI couldn't be found :-(

-Naresh

(Guest)

@ Naresh,

Click on Sh. Shah's name just above your reply that will take you to his profile.

2. Now here in the middle you will see tabs of his conribution to LCI forum where there is a tab titled "Files".

3. Click on it now you are in his direct student :-)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register