LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neelesh Kumar   10 June 2021

Two degrees simultaneously

I started doing Bachelor of arts regular in 2017 from Lucknow university. In 2019 I started doing Bachelor of arts private from another college of Lucknow university. Will my both degrees be valid or not? My 1st degree is completed in 2020 and 2nd degree will be completed in 2022.

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 June 2021

The only mandated clause is that 'Student should not be permitted to prosecute two academic degrees during one Academic Calendar Year".  File an online RTI application to UGC with RTI fee of Rs.10/- and seek such information from UGC if you are not satisfied with the laid down norm of UGC.  Search website of UGC as they might have uploaded such directives in their websites.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 June 2021

According to DEC, students can pursue two degrees through a combination of distance and regular modes, however, two-degree programme pursued through regular modes is not valid.

However two degree simultaneously through regular mode is not valid.\

It simply means that the students should not be allowed to undertake two “Regular” degrees at the same time.

“Two Degree are allowed but not in regular mode. However, One Regular with one Distance mode, Two diplomas, two certificates, one degree one certificate, are allowed”. Some universities have implemented this rules but with some modifications and limitations such as student can go for distant/open courses along with a regular course or it should be from another university. These limitations are on the university level, so we advise you to contact directly to university officials in which you are perusing regular course or along with the one in which you are interested in taking another course. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register