LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitesh Mhaske   07 June 2021

Approval for renovation of my house

Back in 2017 I had renovated my 1+1 house in a chawl in bandra west. Before renovating my house the below structure was made of bricks and cement and the upper structure was made of plywood and cement Patras. After the renovation we put iron beams and made the upper structure also of cements and bricks but kept the cement Patras. 

Back then I had taken permission from Rizvi builders for the renovation as this land belongs to him ( though there is a case between Rizvi builder and a bank in  the court for this land) and he had granted the same. I renovated the similar structure and just added grill windows. Now what we failed to do at that moment was did not take permission from the BMC. Now we have a fight with our neighbours in regards to his house renovation as he has renovated his house which was just 10ft house into a 30 ft house and obstructing my passage for fresh air. So we have lodged a complaint in BMC, but he also did a complaint against us that we have made a illigal construction for which BMC did come to my house and took measurements and went and said will send us a notice.

My question is  that is there any way I can rectify my mistake of not taking any permission from BMC back in 2017. is there a way I can pay some penalty or fees and clear this thing of my head. Because this is only the issue my neighbours and bmc will hold against me. Request you to kindly help me

Learning

1 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     07 June 2021

Let BMC give notice.After that gothrough the notice and approach an advocate who is well versed in corporation laws and obtain stay.And let the case go.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register